The Starters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RP set in an alternate, more dangerous Unova. You can play as a human, Pokémon, or even the hybrid Gijinkas. It's your story, so get it started.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WEATHER: Spring; the weather's warming up, and the trees are in bloom!

The "Guidelines That Need to be Followed" (Because everyone hates the word "rules")

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Snigger
Fleet Admiral
Snigger

The "Guidelines That Need to be Followed" (Because everyone hates the word "rules") Empty
PostSubject: The "Guidelines That Need to be Followed" (Because everyone hates the word "rules")   The "Guidelines That Need to be Followed" (Because everyone hates the word "rules") EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 1:26 pm

We all hate rules. Trust me, I do, too. But there are party poopers who would think themselves god if we didn't have any. That's the admins jobs

1. Don't be an asshole. Sure, there are people that'll probably piss you off here. But if you have a problem, just be passive aggressive. That's not against the rules.
  2. Don't godmod, powerplay, etc. That means if you're in a battle with someone, don't be kicking their ass in one post. Sure, you can say you actually hit them, but if--AND ONLY IF--you ask their permission first. If you don't, the person has the right to call you out. Which could ensue in a hilarious flame war.
  3. Admins and mods are not allowed to be stuck up pricks. They are bound by the same rules everyone else is. We aren't going to boss you around and spout the "what admins say is law" rule. No, we just enforce the set rules when someone is clearly breaking them.
  4. We don't have a word count. We understand that many people can loose muse as time goes on, or that fighting posts can be short because you don't want to godmod.
  5. Swear words are A'OK. Like, I really shouldn't have to put that. I've slapped several into this list already.
  6. Explicit violence is alright. Explicit sex is not. We have people on here who don't want to see that. If you want lemons, there are things called Private Messages. For IC stuff, though, just use a fade out.

The stuff below pertains to characters.
  1. You can have as many characters as you want. If you can keep all of them active, be our guest. The more the merrier.
  2. Be realistic, please. Yes, this is Pokémon. And yes, this is a very laid-back RP. But there still should be some realism. I say some lightly.
  3. Pokémon that your character owns are viewed as sub-characters. This means that, while they don't have their own bios, are treated as characters.
  4. Unless cannon characters are assigned for a specific reason, they will be RPed by an admin when they are needed. This pertains to Gym Leaders/Elite Four/Champions--if there is no corresponding made character--and leaders of the evil Teams.
  5. There is no set way that we keep track of levels for Pokémon. Again, just try and be realistic about it.
  6. While normally there are no mod-action posts, members can request them. This is where a mod will act as an invisible hand guiding the thread. This will probably be for characters who aren't travelling in a group and have no one to RP with. Though some people might just have one sprung up on them for fun.
  7. Pokémon can do things their Pokédex entries say. For example, Shedinja's entry states that it can steal the soul of anyone that looks in the hole on its back. Don't do that, cause you've been warned.
  8. Tutor moves can be taught by the Trainer. Obviously, this'll take a while just to get the started on the way to learning it, and then a while longer to master it for fighting purposes.
  9. Moves can be combo'd. Yes, like in the anime. This will take quite some time IC to train your Pokémon, as it should be expected.
Back to top Go down

The "Guidelines That Need to be Followed" (Because everyone hates the word "rules")
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Starters :: Stuff :: Information-
Jump to: